Thursday, April 06, 2006

Day 39

Visitor count to my home page: 19,537

No link exchanges accepted today :(

I frequently hear that one shouldn't have flash and other elements on one's home page that the search engines can't read! If you check out my home page at dragonstonemagnetics.com you can see that I clearly don't agree with this!
The dragon at the top of the page is breathing fire and smoke and telling you to 'take good care of yourself'
Well, of course a search enginge can't see this. but is a search engine going to buy any of my wares? I don't think so!
Then I have my magnetic dog joke. The dog's owner is asking him if he ate all the refridgerator magnets again. He's stuck to the fridge :) Again, probably not visible to any search engine, but a search engine likely doesn't have a sense of humour in any case.
Then I have my beautiful young lady bot Magnetia who greets all my visitors. She works 24/7 to welcome those who come to my site. You'd think that a bot would understand another bot, but I rather think that the search bots don't understand spoken English.
Finally I have 'The birthday Party' a little flash presentation. The princess is sobbing because she has no goifts to give her father on his birthday, so St George the dragon comes to her aid and takes her to a local wizard who has a lot of valuables. She gets her dad a magnetic bracelet of course.

Someday I may take some of it off. I realize that the site would load faster with less graphics on the page. But for now I think the home page loads fast enough and lots of people tell me that they enjoy some of this stuff. That's enough for me.

Todays invites:
Jewelry:
Blue Chopsticks - Jewelry and gift baskets
Black Pearl Gem Co.
Blue Ridge Spirit Jewelry
Chainz Online Religious Jewelry
Oakside Classic Clocks
Cool Vintage Watches
Diamond Tutorials

Wholesale:
Blue Skies Glassworks Recycled glass earrings
Constellation Beads UK The online bead experience

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home