Monday, May 08, 2006

Day 66

Visitor count to my home page: 21,742

Two link exchanges accepted today :)
SpectraMedi Medical Transcription Services at spectramedi.com - They provide transcription services, software including a digital dictation system, EMR software and work at home jobs.

Karin Janin Creative Life Coaching at karinjanin.com - Karin gives coaching to help you lead a more fulfilling life. It helps to define what your true goals are

Yesterday I couldn't log in to blogger. I guess too many people were updating their blogs over the weekend. Oh well, try to catch up today.

I have a form on my website which people can use to apply to have a link exchange with me.

Someone filled it in a few weeks ago and is now trying to insist that I add his site to my directory!

Well, I don't think that that is going to happen. I can't see getting any visitors from the links page he has on his site.

I guess he must be new at this. Life would indeed be easy if all one had to do was ask for a link exchange. But for one reason or another most of the people one asks don't want to exchange links. Maybe one or two out of 10 do very much want to increase their traffic that way.

And the other side of it is that for every 10 websites one looks at, one doesn't want to exchange links with 8 or 9 out of 10 for one reason or another. Maybe they have 500 mixed theme links on one page and you don't think anyone is ever likely to find yours in the jumble. Maybe you don't like where their site is coming from. Maybe it's hard to even find their links page and you figure that if you are looking for it and can't find it, how are their visitors going to go there and look.

So that's why link exchanging takes so much time when you want to do a good long term job of it. Look at 100 pages. Invite 10 of them to be link partners. Get accepted by 1.

Todays invites:
Health:
Karin Janin Creative Life Coaching
Holistic.com
Herbs To Herbs
Herbal Supplements Guide
Jellen Products Skin Therapy Products
Infinity Institute International, Inc.
Healthy Weight Loss
Health Treasures
Health Food Store Net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home