Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day 61

Visitor count to my home page: 21,320

Two link exchanges accepted today :)
Tinnitus Treatment Remedies at t-gone.com - Tinnitus treatment remedies to effectively and safely relieve tinnitus and Meniere's Disease. If you've ever had a ringing noise in your ears day and night for years on end you'll appreciate what this site has to offer.
Silver Medicine at silvermedicine.org - A non profit site about using and making your own colloidal silver. I know it's really good to spray colloidal silver on your throat when it gets sore. Colloidal silver is antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial.

I now have Awstats (a free plugin I believe) on my web server and I can see where my visitors have come from. At a quick glance 18 visitors have come from my recent links from the past couple of months in just the last 2 days.

The star person I linked to, Walsh Brothers - sent me 2 visitors yesterday and two visitors the day before. Also about 45 visitors from them last month.
Well, I'm certainly glad to have a link exchange with Steve! This one link looks like a little goldmine for me.
When I look at the page that my link is on in his site walshbrothers.co.uk/links/Wholesalejewellery.html - it's not at the top of the page and it doesn't stand out in any way from the other links there.
I think it's just that he has built a very good link directory so people use it to find what they need in the way of wholesale jewelry etc.

Typing 'wholesale jewelry' into google will not likely get you a good collection of sites that actually sell jewelry wholesale. it's get you jewelry sites who happen to have a link to a wholesale jeweler on their link page or something like that more than half the time.

I do wish that one could tell the search engines that one was either looking for information or looking to buy. A little extra couple of buttons - Google search - I'm feeling lucky - I want to buy - I want info.
The search engine that first does that is going to be my default search engine! I probably want info more frequently than a store, but the ability to choose between commercial or info sites would be sooo sweet.

So it ends up that if you want to find wholesale jewelry sites it's better to find a good link directory like Steve's and follow those links which are all to sites that actually sell wholesale jewelry.


Todays invites:
Health:
SlimStuff.com
South Beach Diet Plan and Recipes - a couple of good dieting sites.
Skincare Store
Silver Medicine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home