Sunday, February 26, 2006

Preamble

This must be something that thousands of website owners do.
We read the articles that tell us that each time we get a link on someone else's website we are likely to get 3(?) visitors a day from it to our own website. Visitors who were interested in something about the site that we linked to that is similar to something that we ourselves offer on our sites.
Well, I started reciprocal linking a few months ago and now I have over 150 reciprocal links.
They certainly aren't giving me an average of 3 visitors a day each! But they are giving me some visitors. I'm guessing an average of 2 or 3 a week a link.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Not choosing the best sites to link to. But I rather think that I'm choosing my link partners well on the whole and that 2 or 3 new visitors a week from each site is nothing to sneeze at. That in a couple of years time if I can just average one new reciprocal link exchange a day that I'll find my website on the E-High St.
So this is a diary on how I'm doing.
My plans are to try to average 10 requests a day to suitable reciprocal link partners in the hopes that an average of one a day will agree to the exchange.
I'm selling wholesale and retail magnetic jewelry so I'm trying to keep my links tightly themed to appeal to visitors that come to my site.
They are likely coming to my site because they have an interest in alternative health especially as regards pain relief, or in jewelry or in purchasing things wholesale, so that is the main focus of my link campaign. But also I sell wholesale magnetic jewelry to a lot of pharmacies, so I have a page for them and I also have my site in several link exchange sites so a page for those too.

This is my link directory:
http://www.dragonstonemagnetics.com/links/ResourceDirectory.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home